Village Hall Hire
Contact Details and How to Book.
The hall is suitable for wedding receptions, anniversary parties, birthday parties, family parties,
children’s parties, charity events, corporate events, exhibitions, activity clubs and meetings. We
offer a stunning and historical venue to hire which is suitable for a wide variety of events and functions
from personal to corporate. To contact the Hall for booking enquiries, please use the "Contact Us" form
provided, or by post - to the mail address shown on that page.
You can download our Booking Form here in PDF format
You can download our standard layout plan here in PDF format
(Get Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC, Mac or Android PC's here
or mobile versions for iPad, iPhone, Android Phone or Windows Phone, here.)
The Village Hall Management Committee respectfully reminds all users of the conditions of use (shown in full on the Booking Form): -
Current Rental Charges - Valid from 1st April 2023.
- Your booking will not be confirmed until the booking form has been completed and returned to the booking co-ordinator.
- We must be notified of any cancellations or changes to the booking prior to the date required otherwise a charge may be made.
- For use of equipment/kitchen facilities please make detailed arrangements with the booking co-ordinator.
- The user(s) is responsible for familiarising themselves with the locations of fire exits & should dial 999 if the alarms
are activated or a fire-related problem is observed. For more information please refer to the Hall Information Folder located in the south Hall.
- A book has been provided in the Kitchen to record any damage, breakage or complaints.
- Please DO ENSURE all taps, lights and electrical appliances are switched off prior to departure, otherwise an
extra charge may be levied to cover extra costs. This does not apply to the electrical equipment associated with the gas boiler,
which should be left on in automatic mode - see detailed instructions in the hall, particularly if you have used the heating in manual boost mode.
- Please leave the building as you found it and ensure that all chairs and tables are returned to the layout as found (see link above).
Please note that the hire times you book for must include your anticipated set-up and clear-up times particularly as we may have another booking shortly before or after your event. It also allows us to set the heating times correctly.
There are waste bins provided outside the Hall for all waste produced from the event. In the event of the Hall
requiring extra cleaning and/or damage to the Hall/property after use, an extra charge may be levied.
- Decorating the Hall is allowed by pre-arrangement only; contact our booking co-ordinator to discuss requirements
when making a booking. The use of Bouncy Castles or similar equipment inside the hall is strictly forbidden.
- As our natural wood floors have recently been refurbished and varnished we ask that guests do not enter the hall
wearing Steel Tipped Stiletto Heels, Golf Shoes, Hob Nailed Boots or Football Studs. Please ensure ALL spillages,
even of water, are mopped up immediately to avoid damaging the floor surface (please use a damp cloth only – NO Chemicals to
be used). We also request that if you are moving chairs, tables or your own equipment around that they are lifted into
place and not dragged.
| ||Local resident|
Clubs, Societies etc.
|Hall hourly (or part thereof), minimum hire is 2 hours||£12.00||£15.00||£12.00||£20.00|
|Children's Party (3 hours total, including set-up)||£35.00||£42.00||-||-|
|Wedding/Wedding Reception - Includes 1 day set-up||£300.00||£350.00||-||-|
|Surcharge for full kitchen use (Kettle, Oven, Urn, Crockery etc.)||£5.00||£10.00||£5.00||£20.00|
|Surcharge for hire finishing between 11pm & 12pm||£15.00||£20.00||£15.00||£30.00|
Copyright © 2023: Ecclesmachan.org.uk|
Village, Hall, Rent, Function, Hire, Venue, Event, Dance, Leisure, conference,
Meeting, Corporate, Events, Social, School, Party, Children, Community, Scotland, West Lothian, Ecclesmachan,
parish of Ecclesmachan, ThreeMileTown, West Binny, Binny, Binny Craig, St. Machan, St. Machan's,
Scottish History, historic, West Lothian history, path, paths,local, walks, walking